EMCOR Services Fluidics delivered a modern, cost-effective building automation system for our customer who was looking to update their equipment. Our solution provided flexibility, better control, and cost-effective maintenance, upgrades, and expansion. We helped the Kimmel Center realize a $95,000 reduction in their energy costs in the first three years of operation after the retrofit.
Our customer needed to upgrade and optimize their existing building automation system with the goal of significantly reducing utility costs.
For this project we:
- Re-designed, programmed, and optimized the existing sequences of operations, schedules, and set-points to reflect current building operating practices and usage
- Repaired or replaced damaged and obsolete sensors, actuators, controllers, and wiring with state-of-the-art DDC components
- Installed demand-controlled ventilation systems for theater and common area
- Designed password-protected, web-based access into facility system to remotely facilitate troubleshooting, inquiries, and changes
- Installed front-end control system with automatic mechanical equipment shut downs to curtail area-wide energy use during periods of high demand across the regional electricity grid
- Successfully advocated for our customer to receive a $40,000 energy rebate from local utility provider
The Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts is a large performing arts venue and home to the world famous Philadelphia Orchestra.