EMCOR Services Fluidics (Fluidics) performed mechanical installations and upgrades for Einstein at Elkins Park Hospital. The installation of a more energy efficient cooling system allowed an estimated energy cost savings of $37,200 annually and an estimated 15-year savings of $558,000.
Einstein at Elkins Park Hospital needed to upgrade their mechanical systems at their nearly 200-bed facility to better provide patients with quality comfort and care. The new equipment would need to be cost- and energy-efficient, as well as able to provide a comfortable, consistent environment for the patients, staff, and visitors.
With highly trained service professionals and leading-edge building system solutions, Fluidics was selected as the company of choice to perform the mechanical installations and upgrades.
For this project we:
- Designed and developed a plan to create a more energy-efficient cooling system in the form of a central chilled water plant
- Installed two 500-ton chillers and two 500-ton cooling towers, along with new pumps and variable-frequency drives
- Incorporated a building automation system which enables building engineers to set controls remotely
- Helped our customer secure a $50,980 energy incentive from a local utility contractor
- Worked to minimize noise and overcome any other discomfort that could affect patient care
Albert Einstein Healthcare Network is a privately held, not-for-profit organization serving the Philadelphia area. The network includes several major facilities, such as the Albert Einstein Medical Center, an acute-care teaching hospital with nearly 200 inpatient beds.