We worked with our customer early in the pre-building process to optimize the design of mechanical, electrical, and building automation systems. We also provided knowledgeable energy efficiency guidance to make the project U.S. Green Building Council LEED certification eligible.
Comcast needed green building solutions and facilities services for constructing and operating a 57-story, "green" office building that would be a high-end destination for businesses and visitors.
For this project we:
- Provided assistance to identify the design, construction, and operations and maintenance (O&M) criteria required to ensure that the finished building would meet the highest standards of excellence, including those for environmental sustainability
- Helped the customer review engineering and LEED construction proposals and make final contractor selections
- Provided an extensive list of "no cost/low cost" energy conservation initiatives during pre-construction bidding
- Recruited and trained a chief engineer as well as building engineers to staff the facility during the final construction phases
- Hired and trained project manager to oversee on-site staff
- Upon the building’s completion, we worked closely with the customer and its design and construction team to identify and correct construction-related issues that could disrupt tenant activities
Comcast Corporation is the largest American multinational telecommunications conglomerate.