We provided HVAC and control solutions for this retrofit and new construction project. We were able to deliver more efficient corporate building operations with comfortable and productive work environments.
The project spanned over six historic buildings with a total of 1.5 million square feet of space.
Urban Outfitters wanted to centralize its headquarters staff, administrative employees, and design personnel from multiple locations into a new corporate headquarters building.
For this project we:
- Provided preliminary budgeting and value engineering services
- Worked on an accelerated time frame
- Preserved the integrity of historic buildings that were retrofit for the project
- Constructed and installed a new 3,400-ton central plant with three chillers, plus all associated equipment
- Retrofitted and refurbished the heating, ventilation, HVAC, and plumbing systems across all buildings
- Laid a new underground distribution system to connect the central plant with its neighboring facilities
- Interconnected all buildings with a 10,000-point building automation system
- Installed a unique radiant heating and cooling system under the floor of one of the main buildings, a task requiring 25,000 feet of plastic tubing
Urban Outfitters is a leading clothing, footwear, and housewares retailer with headquarters in Philadelphia, PA.